Once we moved cities (and states for that matter) I finally found some la leche league reusable breast pads at a local grocery store of all places. They worked fine, but they are bulky and they don't wash well without becoming distorted causing annoying lines under my shirt. For months I tolerated these pads because I didn't like the disposables, until recently Bamboobies sent me some of their organic reusable nursing pads. They come in both the original Bamboobies which are great for daily wear, and overnights which are thicker and more heavy duty to help with that overnight leakage. The overnights would be wonderful for all day and overnight wear the first couple months of a babies life, when your milk supply may be a little out of control yet. I leaked A LOT the first couple months of my daughters life, so the overnights would have been perfect! I wish I had known about them sooner!
What I like about Bamboobies nursing pads:
- Soft - These reusable breast pads are so soft and comfortable. No chafing with these pads! Even when they get wet, they remain soft and don't get hard like other pads do. This allows you to wear the same pads throughout the day if you don't have time to change them.
- Organic - These are eco friendly nursing pads which makes them even better!
- Anti-microbial - These nursing pads are anti-microbial which may help prevent breast infections like mastitis. Having mastitis in the past, this is a great plus for me.
- Quiet- These pads do not make any noise while in your shirt. No crinkling or crunching
- No Lines - These pads are thin enough that they show virtually no lines through a shirt. If you have a very tight shirt, then they might show, but a lot less than any other nursing pad I have tried. The overnights are thicker and could show through a shirt, but they are made for overnight, so at that point, who cares!
- Hold up well in the wash - When washing these, they didn't get bunchy and weird which was HUGE for me. That was my number one pet peeve with my other reusable nursing pads.
- They don't leak - With daily wear, I did not have any problem with milk leaking through these pads. The overnights are thicker to help with extra leakiness, and I didn't have any wet spots on my shirt in the morning, so thats a good sign!
- Size of the overnights - The overnights were the perfect size! Big and thick enough to cover everything they need to, without being bulky. I LOVED the overnights.
What I didn't like about Bamboobies nursing pads:
- The shape: The heart shape is cute to look at, but doesn't cover as well as the traditional round shape. For leakiness, they did the trick, but for women with larger nipples, they may not completely cover. The overnights are round, so they worked perfectly, covering everything without a problem and suiting their purpose well.
Overall, I am in love with these nursing pads. I think every woman should have a couple sets of both the overnights and the regular Bamboobies. They are very different products that have the same end goal, to keep your shirt dry and prevent embarrassing leaks. They are the best nursing pads I have ever tried, which makes me want to try out their other products. They also have a versatile nursing cover that looks like a pretty shawl and turns into a skirt too...can anyone say Multi-functional? You have to love that :)
This company is wonderful. They focus on being eco-friendly and a portion of the sales of their products go to help breast cancer research. I would highly recommend these pads to my nursing friends, and already have!
In love with the idea of Bamboobies already? Want to buy them? Head on over to http://www.buybamboobies.com.
Want some for free? One of our lucky readers will have the chance to win a set Bamboobies! Winner will get to choose whether they want the original Bamboobies or the Overnights so you can get exactly what you need. Giveaway ends July 21, 2010 at Midnight.
1. Visit the Bamboobies Website, come back and comment below with something you learned about the company or products, and whether you would like the overnights or the original Bamboobies.
2. Subscribe to Mommy Headquarters RSS Feed and comment for one entry.
3. Follow Mommy Headquarters Publicly via Google Friend Connect and comment for one entry.
4. Follow @mommyheadqrtrs and @bamboobies on Twitter and comment for one entry.
5. Tweet once a day about this giveaway for an additional entry, but need to include @Mommyheadqrtrs, #giveaway and a link back to this giveaway post in the tweet. Or copy and paste the following:
Enter to win Bamboobies reusable nursing pads from @Mommyheadqrtrs and @bamboobies http://bit.ly/bHjAbz #giveaway #breastfeeding
6. Blog about the giveaway and comment with the URL for two (2) extra entries (must leave 2 comments).
7. Add a link to Mommy Headquarters on your Website or Blog and comment with the URL where it can be found for 2 extra entries (leave 2 comments).
8. Vote for Mommy Headquarters by clicking on any of the icons below for an extra entry. Leave a comment for each site you voted on. Max 3 extra entries.
*disclaimer: Mommy Headquarters did not receive any monetary compensation for this review. The views expressed in this post are those of the Moms at Mommy Headquarters.